I have so much writing to do. And so much to say. So it’s probably a good thing that I have just signed onto Marie Forleo’s copywriting course, The Copy Cure, because I have a lot of copy to write. And even more than that, I am seeing this as work I can do in the future .. completely aligned with my business, Words | Circles | Life. I need to work out how to write copy so that I can sell my rings and communicate better online.
This is my pre-Copy Cure email to clear my head and make peace with the past. I’ve been on a big journey and the journey continues, and I feel like I have lots I want to share with whoever is interested. My problem all along has been clarity .. or rather, lack of clarity, about what to say and how to say it. Anyway, I’ll share a bit here now and I will stake this place on my journey .. this time of new beginnings and transformation.
I have just had my sixth ever market stall, including the past five weeks in a row, and I have been wrung out and enlightened through the process. But with the market focus now over I can finally re-focus on the online aspects of my business.
I’d like to write a review of my market stall experiences, but maybe that can wait. But I will say that setting up and running a market stall has pushed me to take action and make decisions and has consequently helped bring a lot of clarity. And it has been part of my transformation and the birthing of my business.
It seems that I have finally *launched*, releasing my concept out to the public and moving forward with clarity, visibility and purpose.
My ‘launch’ progress since my last post
- 6 x market stalls (Bellingen, Bellingen, Kiama, Bondi, Glebe, Bellingen)
- A6 brochures designed and printed
- Updated A6 brochures designed (WIP)
- New packaging for rings
- Design for further refinement of packaging (swing tags, coasters)
- Ordered business cards, envelopes, banners, badges, stickers, stamp, t-shirts
- Had six different stall set-ups (one in pouring rain)
- 5 x banners designed and printed
- Discovery Session with Mark Carpenter from ThirtyPointOne with lots of ideas to work on
- Bought 2 x marquees and associated bits for the market stall (tables, chairs, tablecloths, mat, power brick, Eftpos terminal ..)
- Faulty ring stock received, returned and refunded
- New circlesoflife.net website set up – WIP
- New product idea for ‘Circles of Life’ – WIP
- Feminine Power course journeyed through – WIP
- Copy Cure course begun – WIP
- Designed and printed Gift vouchers
- Purchased 200 badges (two sizes)
- Set up Facebook page for rings – WIP
- Updated Instagram to a business account & changed name to ‘circlesofliferings’
- Promoted market stalls via Instagram and Facebook
- Ordered ‘life’ logo t-shirts (and ‘SHIFT’)
- held a ‘girls self defence’ class at the Youth Hub
- Sorted tax for 2017/18
- 3 x NEIS workshops: accounting, mindset, digital business
- finished Best Self journal #3
- restarted with Bullet Journal
- set up a business bank account and merchant facility
- had my first NEIS mentoring session
- submitted 3 x NEIS monthly statements
- purchased a new Apple laptop
- went to the Byron Writers Festival
- did lots of inspirational reading
- worked at the nursing home
- saw a new and inspiring way of moving forward with my life – WIP
Onwards & upwards.